We now have some fabulous, simple-to-use, easy-to-understand tools that show you arithmetically why owning long-term care insurance makes so much sense.
You can find each of the tools described below by clicking on this link.
- Cost of Care Generator: Check out the costs of care for the major cities in your state.
- Self Insuring (Savings Chart): See the financial ramifications of trying to save to pay for long-term care.
- Cost of Waiting: Hesitation can be costly. If you’re thinking about waiting before you buy, see how this strategy may effect you.
- Co-Insuring: You can keep your long-term care premiums low if you co-insure. This charts helps you determine your co-insurance tolerance.
- Inflation: Inflation will cause the cost of care services to increase over time. See how a Benefit Increase Rider helps your policy keep up with inflation.
- Elimination Period: The Elimination Period is your policy’s deductible and is measured in days. Translate your deductible back into dollars to see the real costs to you.
- Lump Sum Chart: Find out how much money you need to put aside today to pay for a future long-term care stay.
- Recoup Premiums Chart: Find out how many days on claim it will take you to recoup all of your premiums paid.