Our resources are organized alphabetically for ease of use.
3 in 4 Need More Campaign www.3in4needmore.com is the long-term care insurance industry’s version of “got milk?”. Visit it to learn why it is named www.3in4needmore.com. While there, click on the Media tab then the Resource Center for links to excellent LTC sites.
A Place For Mom www.aplaceformom.com – This site is a resource for anyone contemplating a move due to increased needs for care.
Alzeimer’s Facts and Figures https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waeuks1-3Z4 – Here’s a brief video from the Alzheimer’s Association that informs and sheds light on the need for responsible long-term care planning.
American Association of Long-Term Care Insurance www.aaltci.org – The AALTCI is the national long-term care insurance trade association. You will find excellent consumer information on long-term care insurance here.
Assisted Living Federation of America www.alfa.org – This site will teach you what assisted living is.
Center for LTC Reform (CLTCR) www.centerltc.com – The CLTCR advocates for long-term care reform and making quality long-term care more accessible to all. This is a great site for anyone wanting to gain deeper insight into what is causing our fiscal long-term care problems.
Corporation for LTC Certification www.ltc-cltc.com – CLTC offers the highly respected Certified in Long-Term Care (CLTC) designation. I earned my CLTC in 2000, making me one of the earlier graduates of this program.
Elmcroft Senior Living www.elmcroft.com – Elmcroft is a leading provider of assisted living facilities, has a site with straightforward information on how to determine when long-term care is needed and how understand and select the best option.
Genworth’s New 2018 Cost of Care Calculator – This useful and easy to use tool provides local prices of care all over the US. You can also download it as an app on your iPhone or iPad!
How and Why Insurance Works – Here are two brief and enjoyable videos that give great explanations http://flirtingwiththeuninterested.com/the-reverse-lottery/ and http://flirtingwiththeuninterested.com/themoneybox/
John Hancock’s Long Term Care Insurance Site www.johnhancockinsurance.com/long-term-care – Great new easy to navigate, informative, newly revamped long-term care insurance website.
Life Settlements http://ashargroup.com/what/who-qualifies/ Do you have an old life insurance policy you’re paying for but no longer need? Do you need additional money now? Find out if you are a good candidate for life insurance cash settlement, then please call me.
Living to 100 LIfe Expectancy Calculator http://www.livingto100.com/calculator/start/2 – For insight into how likely you are to need long-term care, this calculator is very useful. The longer you live, the more probable it is that you’ll need long-term care.
Long Term Care Needs, Risks and Costs https://www.genworth.com/products/care-funding/long-term-care-insurance.html – Here’s a newly launched site created by Genworth Financial, to give consumers accurate info about long-term care risks, needs and costs.
Long-Term Care Partners Group – LTCP http://ltcpg.com/– This is the consortium of elite peers I work closely with.
LTCi Calculators http://www.ltcpg.org/Default.asp?TID=62 – Here are some very easy-to-use, easy-to-understand tools that show you why, arithmetically, LTCi ownership makes a great deal of sense.
www.ltcpg.com/ltc-calculators – More calculators that help you determine the cost of waiting to purchase long-term care insurance (LTCi), the cost of self-insuring, and more.
LTCi Testimonial www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/long-term-care-insurance/?id=157511 – A real-life, glowing testimonial for long-term care insurance (LTCi). Rates for high-quality LTCi are not necessarily as high as mentioned in this story.
Motley Fool www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/13/long-term-care-insurance-what-it-really-covers.aspx – Here’s a brief slide show by The Motley Fool, which staunchly advocates and educates for long-term care insurance (LTCi). The slide show explains what LTCi covers.
My Life My Family www.mylifemyfamily.com – Besides my own site, this new site is my favorite. It is loaded with excellent information about long-term care insurance, and has very moving videos.
National Association of Geriatric Care Managers I am a huge advocate of geriatric care managers (GCM’s). They’ve made a big difference for quite a few of my clients. GCM’s are staunch advocates and provide a neutral, third party presence. They can get all family members “on the same page”, prescribe and support the right plan of action, and much, much more. This site describes what geriatric care managers are and helps you locate the right one.
Own Your Future Texas www.ownyourfuturetexas.org – This is a terrific new site for long-term care information. It’s the result of a collaborative effort between private long-term care insurance providers, their authorized agents, and state government agencies, including the Texas Department of Insurance, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, and the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Real Life Stories www.lifehappens.org/videos/ – View some very powerful, awe-inspiring, goose-pimple-inducing videos showing and describing people who benefited from owning long-term care insurance.
Learn about the SCAN Foundation and watch an excellent short video describing the urgent need for long-term care planning.
Senior Advisor www.senioradvisor.com – This site is a little like tripadvisor.com, except that it is for rating, finding and reviewing assisted living and nursing facilities instead of your next vacation destination
Check to Sheryl Smith, RN’s site and her podcasts for interesting conversations about different aspects of caregiving. Find her August, 2018 podcast featuring Honey Leveen, here.
“Surviving Alzheimer’s With Friends, Facebook and a Really Big Glass of Wine” – My good friend, client, speaker and author Dayna Steele has written this book. It is a tasteful, painfully graphic, honest chronicle of Dayna’s journey with her mother’s Alzheimer’s Disease. It is often darkly humorous. Readers will be touched. I am proud to say the book contains a chapter I wrote describing the need for long-term care planning.
TX Department of Insurance www.tdi.state.tx.us
US Department of Health and Human Services National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care Insurance Info www.longtermcare.gov – Here, you will find lots of useful info about long-term care insurance (LTCi), as well as the opportunity to listen to audio tracks from the Own Your Future LTC Planning Kit online.
Where You Live Matters www.whereyoulivematters.org – This site educates about when, where, and why it is healthier to transition from home to a new lifestyle.
Women – 5 Things You Should Know When Planning for LTC – www.forbes.com/sites/learnvest/2014/12/17/planning-your-long-term-care-strategy-5-things-every-woman-should-know/ – Here’s a short, straightforward, easy to read, factual article (published in both Forbes and LearnVest) that describes the need for long-term care planning beautifully.
- November 2019 – Happy Autumn! Happy Thanksgiving!
- September 2019 – Happy September, friends!
- July 2019 – Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCi) is Transformative!
- May 2019 – The Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCi) Industry Is Alive, Well, and Kicking!
- January 2019 – A Trip in the LTCi “Way Back” Machine
- November 2018 – Happy Thanksgiving!
- October 2018 – Why We Avoid the Hard Stuff: The Ostrich Paradox
- August 2018 – Who Will Take Care of You? It’s Unlikely to be Your Kids!
- May 2018 – Retirees Don’t Want to Spend Their Retirement Savings
- April 2018 – The LTCi Industry Is Alive and Kicking!
- February 2018 – Be an Ant not a Grasshopper
- January 2018 – Solving a Mystery! Caregiving for Elders, Not Children, Denies Women Paychecks.
- December 2017 – Happy Alzheimer’s Awareness Month!
- October 2017 – Affluent People Should Self-insure for LTC, Right?
- September 2017 – Don’t Wait to File Your LTCi Claim!
- August 2017 – Adopting A Dog is Not a Long Term Care Plan!
- June 2017 – Melinda’s long-term care story
- May 2017 – Dave Ramsey is just so wrong!
- April 2017 – 2017 Alzheimer’s Facts Are Here!
- December 2016 – Warm wishes and cheer from Honey and Jim
- October 2016 – The Magic of LTCi
- August 2016 – The 6,000 lb Elephant in the Room
- July 2016 – LTCi Rates Are Stable
- May 2016 – Denial is Not Just A River in Egypt
- March 2016 – The Wisest Decision You’ve Ever Made
- January 2016 – Happy New Year!
- November 2015 – Happy Long-Term Care Awareness Month
- October 2015 – LTC is a Women’s Issue
- August 2015 – Why Self-Insuring for LTC Might Be Unwise
- May 2015 – LTCi Faces a Bright Future
- December 2014 – LTC in 2014 – A Review
- August 2014 – LTC Current Events and Review
- December 2013 – LTC in 2013 – A Review
- May 2012 – LTCi: Understanding LTCi Rate Hikes
- March 2012 – LTCi: One of the smartest business decisions you’ll ever make!
- December 2011 – Happy Holiday Season!